December 10, 2012

The Spirit of Childhood

Just a short little post a decided to do. This song put me in the mood.

I've been quite busy these past few months. Sometimes, I feel like I barely have time to breathe. Time is passing at such a rapid rate that I haven't even settled on the notion that Christmas is soon approaching. And every time I find some time to read, or to blog, my mind is always a little elsewhere, thinking about other works, other events that are soon coming in my way.

I've always been excited to grow up. To be independent, eat what I want, buy what I want. But now, I'm not so sure anymore. Sometimes, I miss those days when I was a child, when I used to play in the yard, or just cuddle with my stuffed animals. When homework was just naming the word to go along with the image, when school was like an endless recess with a nap as a bonus.

I long for those days, all right. Yet I know that I cannot return to them. I can only go forward, towards the path that I will build myself. I know that my childhood has basically vanished, but I do hope that its spirit will never fade away. I hope that its spirit will help support me through the rough times that could come, and remind me that my childhood may be behind me, but it will always be with me, in my heart.






I hope that it will be that way for you too.

4 comments:

  1. I agree! There are so many things happening in school with finals and whatnot that I can hardly find any time to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, frustrating times indeed... Although we can always try and make the best of it :)

      -Grace :)

      P.S. Thank you for commenting, Lottie!

      Delete
  2. I could not agree more! You are so right Grace. :) I've been feeling very sad lately that I didn't appreciate when I was little more. And I have been extremely busy too... mostly with homework and studying! :( Anyways, LOVELY post, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Annie! I'm glad you could relate to my post :)

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...