April 12, 2013

Classical Piece of the Week: Polonaise from Eugene Onegin


Missed the last one? Here's a link to Valse Sentimentale.

Why hello there! It's been such a long time since I have written a post, but I promise I will make it up to you, because I am here to present you an absolutely incredible work of music. It's called the Polonaise from the opera Eugene Onegin by Ptyor IIyich Tchaikovsky. And yes, I am aware that my last CPW was by Tchaikovsky too, but I seriously do not want to let go of my healthy (slightly turning compulsive) obsession with Tchaik, so Polonaise will it be.

From the moment it starts, you can tell this music is dance material. The piece is very powerful, and possesses a strong presence. But it still has an underlying layer of graceful composure, which is very much in the character of Tchaikovsky's composing style. And this Polonaise just sounds like one of those pieces that is so fun to play in an orchestra, and it really reflects in the personality of the music! And the ending, yeah, just our dear old Tchaik being the epic guy he is. >.<

Here is a video to show you just how fun it could be to play this piece! ^^



2 comments:

  1. GRACEEE, you should write more posts!! TT ____ TT But this makes up for it--for now. XD Haha the conductor looks like he is having so much fun! As well as everyone who is playing it isn't all stiff, but actually being immersed in the music flow as well.

    Lovely post as ever, Grace! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Delaney! And ugh... I feel the same way, sometimes I feel so out of touch with the blogging world!

      Thanks for listening to the piece and commenting! ^^

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...