September 21, 2012

Classical Piece of the Week: Igudesman & Joo



So this week's Classical Piece of the Week will be quite different, namely, I have not chosen a piece, instead, I have chosen a music group. This music group is called Igudesman and Joo, and includes Aleksey Igudesman, a violinist, and Hyung-ki Joo, a pianist. I discovered this group thanks to my Youth Orchestra, as we will be going to one of their concerts in November.

Now, this is not one of those usual music groups that play music and only play music. This group plays music, and at the same time adds a humorous touch to everything they do. Their distinct personalities, hilarious gigs, and incredible talent is what sets them apart from all those other music groups. A lot of people think that classical music is boring, but Igudesman and Joo proves that classical music can be anything but boring! They bring a new, fresher perspective to the world of classical music, while still preserving the history and culture of it.

Watch this video, and you will know what I'm talking about...


Ok, so that was hilarious right? Well, if you want to learn more about this amazing group, here is the link to their website, and I strongly recommend you to read their biography, because it is just as funny as their perfomances itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...